Simpatica Wood Bows
Fiddleheads offers a wide range of student to professional level wood bows providing outstanding price, quality, playability and aesthetics.
Our popular Simpatica bow line consists of quality bows for beginners to professional players, including three levels of specialty Baroque bows!
Each bow is inspected for straightness and playability by our owner and symphony violinist, Rhiannon, personally. Made in China for Fiddleheads.
Understanding the wood used in bowmaking
From Wikipedia: Caesalpinia echinata is a species of Brazilian timber tree commonly known as Brazilwood, Pau-Brasil, Pau de Pernambuco and Ibirapitanga. The tree has a dense, orange-red heartwood that takes a high shine, and it is the premier wood used for making bows for string instruments.
From Rhiannon: Brazilwood is a lower grade pernambuco, suitable for beginner to advanced student bows. High grade pernambuco is more costly but provides for the best quality wooden stick material.
- Simpatica VN-35 Pernambuco Wood Bows (Intermediate) - Violin 4/4was CAD$424.30 Special Price CAD$248.34
- Simpatica VN-65 Pernambuco Wood Bows (Advanced to Professional)was CAD$1,435.14 Special Price CAD$809.92
- Simpatica Baroque Bows: Level 1 - Venezia (Novice)As low as CAD$136.03
- Simpatica Baroque Bows: Level 2 - Roma (Intermediate)As low as CAD$348.18
- Simpatica Baroque Bows: Level 3 - Cremona (Advanced)As low as CAD$560.33
- Simpatica VA-25 Wood Bows (Novice/Student) - Violawas CAD$174.71 Special Price CAD$123.55