Our Simpatica Bows line has expanded to include beautiful reproductions of Baroque era bows, which have a fundamental difference in design than the classical bows most players use.
Baroque music by master composers such as Vivaldi, Bach and Telemann has been performed inaccurately with a classical interpretation over the past century. Now the "old music" movement sees string players using Baroque bows to play Baroque music as it was intended to be played, with subtle and delicate phrasing.
In her role as Concertmaster in a Baroque orchestra (complete with period costumes) Fiddleheads' owner, Rhiannon, has greatly enjoyed exploring old music. Working with her makers since 2016 she developed a line of quality, affordable and historically-accurate Baroque bows.
Key Benefits to Playing Baroque Music with a Baroque Bow
- Proper Baroque articulation and phrasing is more natural and intuitive
- Dynamics “decay" is easier to achieve with the different design and feel in the hand
- Audience enjoys a visual impression of a historically-credible performances
- Simpatica Baroque Bows: Level 1 - Venezia (Novice)As low as CAD$136.03
- Simpatica Baroque Bows: Level 2 - Roma (Intermediate)As low as CAD$348.18
- Simpatica Baroque Bows: Level 3 - Cremona (Advanced)As low as CAD$560.33