Fiddleheads has found a product that fulfills the need for two devices for the price of one. The only metronome and digital tuner we keep stocked regularly is the Intelli Parksons IMT-204 which four both tools in one (three tools for the 202).
Barcus Berry Pulse/ Intelli/ Parksons IMT-204 Metronome & Digital Tuner
Product Review by Rhiannon Nachbaur, Fiddleheads Owner and Violin Instructor
Note: The IMT-204 is produced for Intelli, Parksons, Meisel, Barcus Berry and Speed from the same manufacturer. I currently have models by Barcus Berry and they are the exact same product with the exception of the name decal. The only difference between the 202 and 204 is that the latter has the added pitch pipe playback function
This essential music tool is 3 or 4 gadgets in 1.
Why buy a tuner, metronome and pitch producer when you can have all in one for the same price? This compact tool is smaller than a pack of cards and has so many options, I have made it the only metronome or tuner I keep in stock.
Chromatic Tuner Features
- A=430 to A=449 calibration for modern or period music. (N. America tunes to A=440, Europe tunes to 441-442).
- Wide tuning Range: A0-B7
- Use two visual aids for a quick and accurate tune: A simulated needle meter on the large, widescreen LCD or an LED light that changes from yello when flat, green for "in tune" and red to indicate sharp.
- An excellent ear training aid for violin and other pitch-sensitive instruments: Practice playing slow scales, exercizes and pieces in absolutely correct pitch.
- 8-octave tuning range effective for all pitch instruments
Guitar Tuner Features
- Same as the Chromatic feature, but only tunes EADGBE and eliminates confusion for string players.
- Also very useful for violin or bass.
- Transpose mode: 4 steps flat
- Highly accurate metronome with several programmable with accent pitches denoting 0 (no accent), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 beat time.
- Accented and subdivided beat options including 5 rhythms (eighth note, eighth note triplets, triplet swing, sixteenth notes, and dotted-eighth sixteenth patterns.)
- Tempo 40 to 216 times per minute with 40 steps
- Flashing LED light and simulated pendulum on screen for two visual cues.
- Loud wood block and crisp chime tone, may be muted. Crisp digital tones in two pitches also indicate down and up-beats
- Digital Pitch Pipe offers reference tones: 40 reference pitches from A2#-C6#. Great for ear training and pitch matching.
- Uses 2 AAA batteries (included). Ultra-long battery life, ten times longer than others.Automatic power-off after 3 minutes of no signal to extend battery life
- Recessed power on/off button won't accidently turn on in your instrument case.
- Built-in stand for desktop use.
- Slim and compact design, smaller than a pack of cards. Measures 100 mm (4 in) x 66.5 mm (2.6 in) x 16 mm (1/3 in). Approx 100g (3.5 ounces).
- Tolerance of +/- 0.5 cents, uses Quartz crystal.
- Built in mic for acoustic. 6mm mono Input jack for use with mic clip (not included) or for electric instruments.
The 202 Tuner is exactly like the 204, with the exception it does not have the tone/pitch generator. Many customers find this feature unnecessary. We include the 202 with our Primo Fiddlestix Deluxe Package Special.